The Undergrounding Program Manager is Wade Brown. The salary range for this position is $8,744 to $13,465. Mr. Brown assumed this position on March 13, 2017. Here are the essential functions of the position: Manages and coordinates the development and execution of the City’s utility undergrounding program including strategic planning, program development, financial planning and management of the overall undergrounding strategies; and contract procurement, construction and contract management of undergrounding projects. Essential Functions:
(The essential functions or duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.)
• Plans, develops, and manages the implementation of the City’s overall undergrounding program and projects.
• Oversee the development and implementation of the Undergrounding Assessment Districts.
• Work with the City Council Subcommittee, prepare staff reports and make presentations to the City Council.
• Work with the California Public Utility Commission and State Legislators on hearings, proceedings, and legislation and laws related to undergrounding.
• Develops/tracks program and project budgets, schedules, work plans, labor utilization, and cost estimates/projections.
• Oversees the development of specifications and bid documents for a variety of public utilities undergrounding related projects.
• Recommends contract awards, negotiates contract provisions and coordinates, reviews and approves contractor’s performance.
• Manages contract compliance including adherence to change order and claims provisions.
• Represents the City in negotiations with other agencies, utilities, groups and individuals on a variety of issues pertaining to public utilities.
• Meets with community representatives and developers to review projects and activities.
• Performs all other duties as required.
Human Resources/Risk Manager
City of Laguna Beach
Phone: (949) 497-0311
Fax: (949) 497-0739